Tuesday, December 13, 2005

W800i New Phone

I also got a new phone... after 2 years. A gift from my boyfriend, a nice Sony Ericsson w800i phone with a 2 Megapixel camera, a 512MB memory stick duo and some really great earphones that comes together with it. The color is a bit eye candy for my taste (It was cream smooth white and a subdued bright orange combination) but it was nice overall. What a nice Christmas gift.

There was a bit of a problem transferring music files to the memory stick using its prepackaged phone to usb cable, as I found myself staying up very late copy over my mp3 files via windows explorer, unplugging the cable and finding out whole sets of music files gone. Seems as if its related to the firmware of the phone that's related to the usb driver. On the other hand, as a workaround, I've tried directly transfering the files via the memory card reader, and it works perfectly fine. Thank goodness for Oracle freebies (that's how I got my card reader :) ) Other than that, the phone is great, works even better, and is a lifesaver replacement for iPod shuffle - phone combinations - I could never hear or feel the phone ringing when I'm plugged into my Ipod Shuffle.

Additionally it also has a radio function, and a built in memory where you can add other applications to the phone. I haven't explored that possibility yet, as I've heared you can also install a photo noise filtering software to complement the very nice camera. The pictures are very clear on brightly lit areas, but will have to put up with a bit for shaded areas, since the shades become a bit grainy. But nothing that a good noise filtering software can't fix. The new phone sounds promising.

Now all I have to do is transfer all my Nokia 6100 address book and calendar to the new phone. That's the only thing troublesome about the whole thing. But still a very good phone, nonetheless.

Expect me to be putting up more pictures to this blog then, right after my Canon Ixus 2 promptly clonked out on me a month after the warranty expired. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home