Friday, December 16, 2005

Cafe Breton

Cafe Breton has been the hit the talk of the town for a couple of years already. It seems that its still coming along strong, and a good choice for getting quality crepes and desserts. Its a small shop at the entrance for Greenbelt 3 facing the main water fountains, just beside the Starbucks and Seattles' Best coffee shops. I've been to this establishment several times since its inception, and so far there's always a little something for everyone. Fruit crepes for those taking a light meals, ham and cheese based crepes for the more heavy hungry people, good drinks and shakes to accompany their well made crepes.

This time around, I ordered a fresh strawberry crepe with a whipped cream, as it seems to be recommended by the waiter since strawberries are supposedly in season. My friend had the more popular and mass friendly La Pinay, a crepe made up of the standard chopped fresh ripe mangoes within the crepe and topped with vanilla ice cream and thick hot cholocate syrup that's pretty much standard for locally based filipinos (you always can't go wrong with mangoes and chocolate.. it seems that most filipinos are weaned from birth with a extreme liking to them).

To my pleasure, the crepes came out with the same quality as if it was when I first ate there a few years back, all nice, fresh and properly layed out in the dish. The strawberries weren't really as sweet, but then again I don't expect it to be as sweet as those humongous long stemmed Driscoll branded strawberries I buy in Hong Kong, but they were pretty good. coupled with lots of whipped cream, and topped with a nice vanilla ice cream which complemented the strawberries nicely. My friend had his La Pinay also to his liking, and did grab a quick bite for another sampling.

For drinks, I had the chance to sample their strawberry shake... very nice. Probably not as good as Cibo, but still very good. :)

At the end of the day, its nice to know that Cafe Breton still is a reliable, all around choice for a good filling breakfast/lunch/merienda/dinner when there's the need to go back to good, warm crepes. I'm sure I'll be coming back soon any time in the future.

I seem to promising more and more to come back to new resto places now... this is bad. I think I will end up fat the next time I go for a trip back home. :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home