Thursday, September 15, 2005

Spawning New Blog For Technical Stuff

I've been considering this for quite some time, but I figured now is the right time as any to do it. This thought was prompted by the same considerations being weighted by my friend, Kristoffer, and I thought I might as well do it also.

So what's under consideration? It shouldn't affect the handful of readers here actually: I'm going to set up another blog specifically containing Oracle entries and other database related matters. It'll still be me writing down the articles, so the occasional quirks, side comments and rants will probably be still there. But the articles will be more technical oriented in nature (if my mood and discipline can help it, anyway), but (and I hope) will also be readable for beginners who are interested in databases and Oracle [new] features. Aside from sparing my current handful of readers to the point of boredom with technical articles, this will be a stepping stone for me to reiterate things I've learned at work as well as expand my horizons and list down my discoveries in the Oracle/Database subject, of course, in writing. Besides, I find that writing down things help me focus on specific topics at hand instead of laying it all out in my head (which in due time, when not written down, leads to a mush of left over spaghetti, lasagna, beef stroganoff, peanut butter and Coke).

Besides, the best way to learn something is to publish articles and set it about for peer reviews. Of course, there's this problem with "peers", but I'd probably be grateful if experienced DBAs like Tom Kyte would accidentally stumble upon the site and get into a discussion on the entries. For now, it will probably serve as a repository for what I know now, and what I will gather on in the future. Peer reviews and helping other fellow DBAs will just be an added bonus. Additionally, I have tons of document at the office.. and I just can't keep track of ALL of them. This puts everything in one place, available for me anytime, anywhere, as long as the blog host is up and I have a net connection to connect to :)

This also means that my time will be divided between both blogs. So post frequency will probably abate a bit (Not that this one has a high post frequency anyway) it will mostly depend on what I am working on and what "tickles" me.

Until I find a better way of reorganizing both blogs so that both still be in chronological order as I publish them (I would not like to needlessly cross check entries between 2 blogs), I'll probably still use this blog as the main site and link new entries from the Oracle blog. So if any of you see entries with "exciting" entries containing text like "New Entry entered in Oracle blog: The effects of using Undocumented Parameters for Super Sizing the PGA", bear with me for a while. :)

For those who want to be challenged and stretched thin with boredom, you can head to the new Oracle blog to get a piece of the "action".

Thanks and good day to y'all!

1 Comments:

Blogger Sean said...

*Sniff* Expanding into a second blog already. You're growing up pretty fast. :)

6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home