Saturday, November 19, 2005

Unknown Knee Condition: Partially Solved

I've also finally confirmed with my physiotherapist what actually is wrong with my legs.

The verdict? Well, he didnt really mention any one word condition, but did describe what happened to my legs: My knee caps (and the surrounding joint area) have been strained and worn. It doesn't need any sort of surgery like torn ACLs, but its more of like the area was pulled beyond its normal capacity, that's why I'm now suffering.

The cause? Well, he didn't really say it straight out, but I got the impression that I probably lacked the stretching part that caused my demise. Particularly, he stresses postural, mobility and stretching before going off doing strengthening exercises (weightlifting, aero). Too bad, because I was probably graded poor for those three mentioned areas (I slouch a lot, I dont tend to move to much in a wide range of movements, and I dont stretch enough)

What I can do? Well, I could do upper body exercises at the moment, maybe cycling, or rowing. They do work the leg, but concentrates more on the arms. That's good then. I can do push ups (like what I do know) and work out my upper body while I'm bored waiting for my legs to heal.

What I CANNOT do? No aerobics, no weightlifting for the lower body, no walking too much. (bummer. That's EVERYTHING I like doing!)

And until when? (til I can go back to working out my legs) Welll.... that's a question he didn't answer though. :\ Maybe next visit?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home