Thursday, November 24, 2005

Tripping Back: Early Check-Ins

I was off to my trip back to the Philippines today with the 22:00 flight. Arriving at the Hong Kong Airport at 18:30, I was pretty confident that I'd be killing considerable time until boarding.

Where were the days when you arrive early and get extremely good seats up at the front of the plane when checking in? Checking in immediately right after getting off the airport bus, I requested for an aisle seat and found the attendant informing that there WERE no aisle seats left. I was a bit surprised by this. I'm almost 4 hours early for the flight, and no aisle seats left? It seemed a bit ludicrous.I was later informed that check-ins can be made 1 day before the actual flight date, and to my surprise, being an Asiamiles member lets you check in 2 days before the actual flight, by doing it online. I'm not quite sure if this is just for Cathay Pacific Airlines only, and if its merely for the Hong Kong airport.

Oh well. Maybe next time then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home