Monday, November 21, 2005

Master of the House

Everybody's gone on vacation at home and I'm the only one left.

And the blog entry title is the first thing that came to mind (I like Les Miserables).

The place (and me) feels free, silent and also strangely hollow.

But I'm not afraid of ghosts or burglars though, the building is quite secure, and I've sprayed holy water all around the house (no, not really) so there's no danger of disturbances, ethereal or otherwise.

At the same time, no nephew to worry about (hitting his head on any sharp corners), no dinners to catch up and get home to on time, and almost always silent (except for blaring speakers from my PC, that is.)

The experience is such a strange thing. No disturbances, no noise, no excitement.

I've tried singing at home (wonderful, no one to wake up) as loud as I can. I helps with the voice lesson practice. Of course, on occasion I try to vainly belt out my rendition of "Master of the House, servant to the poor...." not very good I must say.

Now if only I can get myself to start studying for my Oracle certification exams... now is definitely the best time. IF. IF. IF. arg.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home