Sunday, October 16, 2005

Gym Progress Week 16 & 17 (and Yoga)

Ahhh.. time to log my gym sessions again.

It seems that time has been coming along very slow lately. I'm not sure why, but it seems like its been a month since I've logged a new entry for my gym escapades. But then again, it must be that the weeks have been passing by very very slowly.

First time I've retried Yoga again.. the last time I tried yoga, I fell asleep (that was in another Gym/Health chain.. freebie account) so I've been hesitant to attend another yoga class again. But since a friend of mine (who got a month long free gym access courtesy of moa and my lifetime membership) wanted to try it out, I took a shot at it.

The result?

Well, this time I definitely didn't fall asleep. It's not as relaxing as I'd thought I'd imagined it to be (just goes to show sometimes impressions aren't always right) ... All we did are standard postures: Sun Salutation, Warrior Stance 1, Warrior Stance 2, Triangulate (or something like that), Tree Stance. They're only english equivalents to the Sanskrit names (and no, I didn't remember the Sanskrit names. Maybe later). And all I can say is this: you definitely need absolute concentration when doing yoga, and its even up par to any cardio exercise that you'd try out now or in the future. Don't let the "non-impact" looking yoga class deceive you, its really DEFINITELY, ABSOLUTELY, TOTALLY harder than it looks. I've been attending advanced step aerobics and body pump classes for three months, so I can be classified as moderately fit, but this one is definitely interesting and challenging at the same time. Its an entirely different class altogether. No wonder these gyms also offer yoga.. it definitely IS tiring.

And to boot, I ended up with a sore aching back the next day. That's good. Means my back is being worked out more compared to bodypump classes. (And as a side note, my friend, who's less active than me until recently, couldn't stand or move properly the first 2 days after the yoga class. But she insisted on attending the same class the week after! Good for her ;) You know who you are ;) )

Second week of yoga, and my back still hurts after the class. Amazing stuff. I think I'll be regularly attending yoga classes from now on... It's pretty challenging ;) Now on with the classes for the week:

Week 16
Tue (ISM): Lorenzo
Wed (PS*,BP): Suzette, Mike K
Thu (IA*, SM): Lorenzo, Michelle
Sat (SM,BY*,ISM): Michelle, Frankie, Steve (First time I've been to Michelle's Advanced class.. very vewy interesting and fun)
Sun (ISM,BP): Suzette, Elizabeth

Week 17
Mon (MS): Louis --> What a slow day...
Tues (ISM): Michelle --> Today's a Holiday... Chinese equivalent of All Saints Day
Wed (BP): Charles (CB) --> Had to stay up at the office til 6:30.. hence missing my usual Central class
Sat (SM, BY*, ISM): Michelle, Frankie, Steve
Sun (ISM,BP): Suzette, Elizabeth

*Refers to
PS-Power Step (Multilevel)
BY-Beginner's Yoga (Beginner)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home