Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Human Pinball, Anyone?

Bugger bugger. I am soo messed up right now. Its been a while since I went to the gym (for those of you who read the blog since it started... hmmm.. i think there's only one or two readers out there :P ) I've since been slacking off since the last time I went back to the Philippines.. that's.. oh, what... 6 months ago? EGAD.

Since then I've been preoccupied with work (work work work ugh) and tv series. If its not sitting in front of my work PC chucking candies to keep me perked up, its pulling all nighters handling some crackpot system for work, or generally spending my time watching seasons of Alias, 24, CSI, Lost, Malcolm in the Middle and Dead Like Me. The sheer amount of time I spent sitting on my "throne" has my ass has blown up and is probably now the size of New York (fine admittedly, New York isn't as big as the other states, but its still big as compared to the normal bullcrap ass). Not to mention the inactivity. omg. I am so washed up. Not to mention my recent experience with walking. That was definitely the last straw.

Walking is pretty innocent activity, no? Well, not if you're crossing the street. Aside from the fact that you dodge high speed cars and also try to shelter yourself from the occasional rain/drizzle, sedentary lifestyle people encounter the dangers of becoming real life pinball along the road. Bad enough for a reckless driver who likes to play imaginary roadkill pinball (oh that's TEN points! that feisty lady over there is going to be 50 points! GOooooOOoooo!!!) occasionally exists along roads and highways, but to be glued at the middle of the road with no hope of moving will definitely be a disaster waiting to happen.

What happened? Ugh. I got cramps. Really bad. On both calves. while crossing the damn street. I suppose it was my fault to try and beat the light, but then, whoever liked waiting? I ended up (fortunately) a little after the middle section of the road. It was still on the road nonetheless. For my life's sake, I wobbled (yes, and I wobbled terribly) with excruciating pain on both calves freezing up on me to the end of the road to save me from pinball hell. I had to wait 5 minutes before it went away. Imagine if i was in the middle of the road when I got the cramps? If I was lucky, some arsehole with a vivid imagination might come up and play pinball on me. I'd probably be there, stuck for five minutes while the green light goes from red to green to red again.

Yes, it could've been a lot worse. Scared me shitless enough to drive me to grab my gym bag and start working out again.

And here I thought gym was only for making you look spanking good. We definitely don't live in a jungle anymore to need lightning quick reflexes, (thank god for out ancestors!) but its still a jungle out there in the urban world. No way am I going to get caught frozen in the middle of the road again.

Dammit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home