Friday, June 10, 2005

A Day Spent At Ortigas-Makati...

(continued...)

Morning: Too lazy to get up.. Hung around the whole morning listening to music on the pc and trying to beat myself to get a higher score on advanced level minesweeper on the family computer.. Still snacking on lanzones.. An irritating stupidly courageous fly buzzing around the room and interrupting my concentration by boldy landing on either my hands or my arms. He will regret ever doing that, if I can help it.

Mid Morning: Arranged a ride with my brother to head off to SM Megamall to meet a fellow blogger who _really_ loved Meltykiss chocolates. I offered to bring her some from Hong Kong, which involved going around the greater CausewayBay area trying to see if it is still in stock (its a seasonal chocolate, they usually only pop up during winters cause it's so sensitive to heat; summer normal room temperatures actually melt it) I eventually left home for Ortigas, but ran into with traffic at Cubao. I was already so worried cause I was already running late, (I hate being late, although I procrastinate a lot) and then my phone runs out of load/credits. That leaves me unable to send a message or call my blogger friend informing that I'll be late. How embarrassing. Oh, did I also tell you, before leaving the house, I took the fly squatter and made sure that pesky little flyboy this morning will never interrupt anybody ever again? He's definitely regretting it now, I'm sure. In Fly Heaven. I wonder what fly heaven looks like? What's the normal lifespan of a fly? Isnt it really short? If there ever was a fly heaven, that place would be terribly cramped.

Lunchtime: Met up with Mia@Powerbooks. Got the new Jack Johnson cd and a copy of Jason Mraz Live. Went to Globe to recharge my load. Also met up with my S.O.

Afternoon: We went to Market!Market! walked around. Watched Mr and Mrs Smith... It was ok. Fun movie, but just ok. You get the feeling that Its kinda dragging after a while. Oh did I mention I had dinuguan, nilagang baka and laing for lunch? Its not really much though. Afterwards I made sure I had enough space in my stomach to woof down a McDonald Quarter Pounder (I've been looking forward this soo much for months already... they seem to have discontinued serving quarter pounders here in Hong Kong Mcdonalds. At least I know its not on the menu anymore) Still cant' believe up until now that the cheapest Mcdonald meal costs 40php. That's a long way off from 4-5 years ago's 25php...

Nite: Met up with my college barkadas at Greenbelt 3. Had dinner at Sentro. Had a really great time, felt really sentimental, at that point I realized how much I missed hanging out with the people I shared 5 years of my life in Ateneo. Had to scram and leave early though, my parents are expecting me to get home at 23:30, otherwise my mom will turn me into pumpkin soup.
(to be continued...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home